Day Two in NYC
While I continued to feel like Fifel the country mouse while in the big city, there was enough going on with my work project, that it helped me to focus on taking care of business.
Once business was concluded, I put on my bravest face and went wondering around midtown. I walked up fifth avenue and even tried some tourist shopping- but that's just not that fun for me. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 24, Day 44- NYC, Day 2"
If you want to change a behavior, one of the first things you can do is to just catalog the behavior. Want to lose weight, keep a food journal. Want to stop smoking? Keep a journal of when you have cravings and look for triggers. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 23, Day 43- Tired and Busy?"
I'm still a bit under the weather with a chest cold, but the Bible tells us that by His stripes, His suffering, we can receive healing. I claim that healing and accept it.
Here's a sunrise picture taken from my door a few weeks ago, displaying the Glory of God.
I'm 30,000 feet in the air, on a work trip, listening to a collection of my favorite songs, and updating my blog.
You want to know how this is possible? ...continue reading "Bonus Gratitude Post – March 16"
I seem to be running a day behind; but the good news is that I met several big deadlines- so hopefully I can get my feet underneath me. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 16, Day 36- Into the Wind"
I've been on a roll with my weight loss, and this is suppose to be a weblog, so I thought I would be brave and log my weight. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 11, Day 31 – Weight Blog"
For awhile now I have been trying to work on controlling my tongue at work. It so easy to get sucked into gossip and bitching. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 11, Day 31 – Speak Light"
I don't have a good topic tonight, so I am going to combine tasks.
My hubby and I have been considering a Vegas run, so I am going to log my ideas about possible hotels and just update it here.
- Rio (The only show we're interested in so far is Penn & Teller. So staying at the Rio would make that easier. However, it's off the strip and out of the way.)
- Bellagio (I thought I wanted to stay here. It always looks so amazing, but when I looked at the photos, it looked untouchable, grown-up and stuff. It reminds me of last year when I was bummed that I wasn't going to be able to stay at the Swan and Dove for a conference at Disney World, only to have way more fun at my way less stuffy Orleans. Hubby and I want more fun, less stuffy.)
- Marriott Cosmopolitan - use points for half. Looks interesting
- Paris (This one is still in the running...) More to come...centrally located. some reviews were positive many said there were lots of fees and rude service...paris...go figure.
New York, New York
- Caesars-seems like its worth keeping on the list, but many reviews said old and smokey.
- MGM Grand
- Monte Carlo (I think this one had good rates and was interesting)
- Mirage this one is still in the running. mixed reviews. good location.
- Mandalay Bay
- Treasure Island
- Palazzo this one sounds interesting...big rooms...sound a little fancy, Italy, but comfortable
Short post today...
As one of the home maintenance things we've noticed lately, I noticed a crack forming in my closet rod. So for the last few weeks, I have intended to purge my closet. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 6, Day 26 -One Bite of Elephant"