For awhile now I have been trying to work on controlling my tongue at work. It so easy to get sucked into gossip and bitching. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 11, Day 31 – Speak Light"
I have finally reached the final post in my series on the the Lord's Prayer. Before delving into the heavy topic of evil, here's the whole thing from the beginning from the New American Standard Bible and Bible Gateway website: ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 9, Day 29 – Deliver Us"
Fourteen hour workday doesn't leave much left over for blogging. 🙂
I'm going to have to resort to short cut and include one of my favorite passages from a book. I'm sure you'll recognize it...
“The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say”
I don't have a good topic tonight, so I am going to combine tasks.
My hubby and I have been considering a Vegas run, so I am going to log my ideas about possible hotels and just update it here.
- Rio (The only show we're interested in so far is Penn & Teller. So staying at the Rio would make that easier. However, it's off the strip and out of the way.)
- Bellagio (I thought I wanted to stay here. It always looks so amazing, but when I looked at the photos, it looked untouchable, grown-up and stuff. It reminds me of last year when I was bummed that I wasn't going to be able to stay at the Swan and Dove for a conference at Disney World, only to have way more fun at my way less stuffy Orleans. Hubby and I want more fun, less stuffy.)
- Marriott Cosmopolitan - use points for half. Looks interesting
- Paris (This one is still in the running...) More to come...centrally located. some reviews were positive many said there were lots of fees and rude service...paris...go figure.
New York, New York
- Caesars-seems like its worth keeping on the list, but many reviews said old and smokey.
- MGM Grand
- Monte Carlo (I think this one had good rates and was interesting)
- Mirage this one is still in the running. mixed reviews. good location.
- Mandalay Bay
- Treasure Island
- Palazzo this one sounds interesting...big rooms...sound a little fancy, Italy, but comfortable
Short post today...
As one of the home maintenance things we've noticed lately, I noticed a crack forming in my closet rod. So for the last few weeks, I have intended to purge my closet. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 6, Day 26 -One Bite of Elephant"
I should be leaving
But I can't cut loose
I have my reasons for resistance
But I have no excuse
And I lose my composure
I could use some restraint
I never claimed to be a hero
And I never said I was a saint
She's such a temptation
It's driving me crazy
And it's my fascination
That's making me act this way
And I can just hear all my friends say
"Better watch out, you're losing your touch"
But she's such a temptation
Somehow I missed an entire day of blogging and didn't notice until this afternoon.
As I alluded to in my March 3 blog, I have been feeling a little run down. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 5, Day 25 -Irons in the Fire, Part 2"
I have a lot of exciting things going on in my life right now, but sometimes even the good stuff can cause stress. ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 3, Day 23 -Irons in the Fire"
I have been fighting a serious weight problem for years now. But three months ago, I was told that we were running out of “easy fixes”; ...continue reading "Lent 2016: March 1, Day 21 -Report Card Day"
I've seen this quote before, and saw it again today on Facebook.
Since I've been talking about forgiveness, I thought I'd share.
Refusing to forgive someone is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.